[EN] sketchbook de flyer (Croquis Anatom')

Embers

Hello, café salé I have created a new sketchbook thread.
(please excuse my computer translation.) I live in the UK and speak only a little of the French language.
My old sketchbooks here are all skeleton threads now as many of the tags have been lost over time.
[s](If a moderator could please delete them permanently that would be tidy)[/s]

In December of 2016 I destroyed my collection of old drawings and sketchbooks which had been gathering dust since 2005.
I saved notes and [url=https://nickclaytonart.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/scraps1.png]scraps of paper[/url] of things that I wanted to keep . . . much else has been recycled.
[img]https://nickclaytonart.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/flyer_trashcan.gif

Here I hope to keep a record of drawing studies and look forward at future projects and the unknown. I hope I can continue.

Author

Hello my name is Nick Clayton aka flyer
An introduction as Author of this thread - I am currently working on a number of projects. I expect to be posting work here of studies in anatomy; for an untitled book project (which I can't talk in detail about until it is finished) I have included some web links below to my project journals online which I hope to update when I complete projects or post to the finished illustrations forum on cfsl. I will update this post in the future with new links. . .

https://www.flickr.com/flyer_
https://www.pollylovesoxygen.blogspot.com
https://www.behance.net/nickclayton

croquis anatomi

tumblr_pi71i4nSrO1xmdhn7o7_1280.png

tumblr_pi71i4nSrO1xmdhn7o6_500.png
tumblr_pi71i4nSrO1xmdhn7o5_500.png

tumblr_pi71i4nSrO1xmdhn7o2_1280.png

tumblr_pi71i4nSrO1xmdhn7o3_1280.png

tumblr_pi71i4nSrO1xmdhn7o9_1280.png

tumblr_pi71i4nSrO1xmdhn7o4_640.png

tumblr_pi71i4nSrO1xmdhn7o1_400.png

Les réactions: yuk
Re: [EN] sketchbook de flyer [croquis anatomi]

Wonderful anatomy work, beautiful line :)

Hi Nick,

Very interesting sketch. I like the rendering. How long for each sketch?
In this serie, for me, the drawing of the torse (more blur) lost expressivity.

Wonderfull sketches in deed.

I disagree with mathlma, I personaly find the blured torso realy nice :)

croquis anatomi

red49i » Merci ^^
mathlma » Hi, mathlma - These are all quick notes/sketches 1-2min (?) I am approaching the studies to research anatomy shape-forms (flesh/muscle groups) using hatching technique. For these digital studies I have been using an 19'' laptop and drawing tablet, because I am finding that it really helps with the work flow (for me)

I think I will try and get on with using 3D studies and sculpting soon. . . I feel that I could use 3D sculpting software or plasticine to take studies further in learning details (creasing and pinching of skin etc...)
ArsèneB » Thanks, I liked how the hatching looked using bluring - It's a good shortcut to render these sketches out to a more finished peices.

Here are more digi sketches/notes on various anatomy details/shapes

tumblr_pi8odcG92o1xmdhn7o2_500.png
tumblr_pi8odcG92o1xmdhn7o1_500.png

tumblr_pi8odcG92o1xmdhn7o5_500.png
tumblr_pi8odcG92o1xmdhn7o3_500.png

tumblr_pi8odcG92o1xmdhn7o4_500.png

1-2min. Very impressive.

This second serie is really good.

3D sculpting / croquis anatomi

mathlma » 1-2min / 10-30 minutes . . .

I am using a 3D program called Sculptris. You can download it free [here] I want to use more Pro software but have not found the time or resources to download it. (Can anyone recommend good software fr 3D modeling ??)

Some more anatomy sketches :<

tumblr_pie9gmD7ys1xmdhn7o4_500.jpg
tumblr_pie9gmD7ys1xmdhn7o5_500.jpg

tumblr_pie9gmD7ys1xmdhn7o3_500.jpg

Re: [EN] sketchbook de flyer [3D sculpting / croquis anatomi

More figure sketches and quick torso study using Scultpris 3D. (I have acquired ZBrush, I just need to figure it out to get started.)

tumblr_pipjsb10zd1xmdhn7o4_500.png

tumblr_pipjsb10zd1xmdhn7o2_1280.png

Re: [EN] sketchbook de flyer / croquis anatomi]

hi
as tu un modèle ?

"have you got a model ?"

Re: [EN] sketchbook de flyer / croquis anatomi]

Very nice to see you back here flyer, your work is still very impressive. And wooo, burning archives is a pretty radical move as well. I've been tempted to do it myself sometimes, too much things staying on the way. Maybe one day. The pattern book looks like an interesting thing as well, I like the project !

Update: (Page 2)*

0a193859f3e9400d2c799e0ed3a855ef93fd7a26.png

tumblr_pvf3bitktC1xmdhn7o3_r1_540.png

tumblr_pvf3bitktC1xmdhn7o1_500.png

*Hi, here are a few sketches from the end of last year to update this thread into 2019.

2019 started with a setback when I broke a bone in my hand and could not draw as often as I would have liked. After some months it is now on the mend so I hope to get back into it and update soon.

Thanks also to all comments on Page 1 (archive of 2018)

Retour