Interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun, and rewarding environment in Madrid? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft Madrid is currently seeking a Lead Vehicle Artist specialized in vehicles and hard-surface modeling to create in-game models of racing cars for a high-profile game project. As Lead 3D Vehicle Artist at Gameloft Madrid, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Asphalt Xtreme, which was created in this studio.
• Create 3D models for vehicles, level props, and character weapons in both low- and high-polygon counts, depending on the project.
• Create textures for modelled material using diffuse, specular and normal maps, and use good UV lay out distribution to maximize quality.
• Understand respect the identity and techniques of the project as established by the Art and Technical Directors.
• Implement models using shaders and commercial or custome real-time lighting solutions for models to be used both in games and in cinematics.
• Create assets used for art direction and gameplay prototypes.
• Work directly with the programming and game design teams in the implementation process to ensure optimal use of polygons, shaders and textures.
• Clearly document workflow process and communicate to Art team
• Review and assess deliverables from Vehicle artists
• Liaise with producers over scheduling of asset creation
• Overlook quality of outsource car assets if and when required
• +5 years of experience in video game production, and at least 2 as Vehicle Artist.
• Passion for car racing games.
• High proficiency in 3D Studio Max and Photoshop.
• Mastery of mesh topology optimization techniques.
• Experience in high-polygon counts.
• Experience in both modelling and texturing detailed hard surface props and intricate mechanical elements.
• Able to approach and manage mesh detail, lighting and shading techniques effectively in both high-polygon and low-polygon environments.
• Able to optimize low-polygon or mid-low-polygon models while taking aesthetic and technical considerations into account.
• Passion for car racing games.
• Excellent level of English.
• Affinity for a realistic 3D art style.
• Experience in high-polygon sculpting (ZBrush,Mudbox,etc).
• Background as a technical artist a major asset.
And above all, motivation and a passion for videogames!
*An assessment test will be sent to all suitable candidates.
Why Join Gameloft Madrid?
• Opportunity to work in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games!
• Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere.
• International environment and open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world
• Permanent contract
• Full coverage with health insurance
• 25 paid vacation days
• Flexible schedule
• Dynamic salary review, bonuses and other perks (Game room, ping pong table, free fruits and coffee, parties & joyful events…)
• Workshops, team building activities and free Spanish and English classes.
• Professional growth opportunities supported by a performance review process and a Training Plan.
• If coming from abroad, we offer relocation support.
• Excellent working conditions! Office situated in the very heart of Madrid with rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio with the reference “Lead Vehicle Artist” to email@example.com
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.com